Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ahhhhhh..... Vacation


This year has been such a challenge and we have been working for what seems like 24 hours a day.  We had planned a short 7 day cruise to celebrate my 50th birthday (a little early).  Events in our lives changed and we were not sure that we would or should be able to break away, but we did.  We just returned from the Mexican Riviera where we spent 7 glorious days doing "nothing".  Oh sure, we did some stuff around the ship.  We ate (too much). We drank (too much).  We played Nintendo and went to the movies.  We sat out on the deck and fell asleep probley with our mouths open.  We just had a good time being away from reality.  I feel refreshed and am thankful that my daughter took over for me at the office and that my dear friend Lory took over my mother in law duties and my good friend Stu helped the two of them.  My brother and his family took over my grandparent duties and went to watch Aleyah and her school win the track meet.  It was nice to get away.  Thanks to all of you who gave us time to relax.  My real birthday is May 13th, but I'm satisfied to just let it pass on by.  I have accepted the fact that I am now an AARP memeber.  Time to get back to sewing and the real world. It is always fun to take a break and try to just enjoy.  This was our 28th cruise and it never seems to get old.  Somebody asked us what was our favorite thing to do on the ship.  Our response was "nothing".  It is just something that we never get to do and enjoy the most.  Happy Sewing!  Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment