Friday, November 13, 2009

Winter Friends Block 7---OOOPS!



I really feel like I'm on the home stretch and as I finished block 7 and placed it on my design wall to add to the other blocks, I noticed an error in the stripe on the first snowman's coat. I did not catch it in block 6 because block 6 does not touch together with block 2. In block 2 the directions call for an orange color for the coat stripe which I did, but in blocks 6 and 7 that same stripe calls for a tan color. So when I put them together, the bottom rows matched fine, but not with the first row. Not wanting to have to re-do anything, I went to my scrapbook supplies and found an orange sharpie and just colored the tan stripe to match the orange. It did a pretty good job and I don't think anyone will notice it too much. So those of my friends that do this design, beware!! I am on track to finish this weekend if all goes well today with Jerry's mom! Happy Sewing! Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment