Friday, June 4, 2010

Beach Scene Block 1


This is block 1 of the Beach Scene that I started today.  The detail is quite nice and it was an easy so out.  This is another picture quilt designed by Steve at Anita Goodesign.  This block had just about 33,000 stitches and took several hours.  There are 9 blocks to complete the picture.  I am trying some pre-wound bobbins and now I am wondering why it took me so long to use these wonderful little things after all these years.  I doubt I will ever wind another bobbin on my own unless it is to do bobbin work using the same color as the top thread.  These pre-wound bobbins last more than twice as long and the thread does not seem to produce much lint.  I never had to change the bobbin for this whole block and still have almost half left on the spool.  The box I bought works for both my machines.  Pure luck on that one!  Gosh, it does not take much to make me happy does it?  Happy Sewing!  Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment