Thursday, June 17, 2010

Beach Tile Scene with Border

I got the beach scene put together and I've added one border for now.  I am going to look at it for a few days to decide if I need to add another border or two.  My thoughts were to find a fabric that had some type of nautical theme and then another solid border after that, but the more I look at this, the more it just may stay as it is.  I think the blue that Jerry picked out really makes the rest of the picture look really nice and I'm glad I did not go with my first choice of the red.  (Thanks honey, for stepping in and going shopping with me to find this fabric)  And for any of you reading this--this is not something that he does often.  Lately, he has assisted me in the sewing room to help me organize, going through the tutorial of threading and operating "Bella" and an occasional look see in to what I'm doing.  Somebody I work with saw this tile scene and said it looked just like "Cape May".  Now I've never been there, but I told her I'd ask the designer.  So Steve, if you see this, let me know. 

Now that we are in the planning stages of the big sewing room, Jerry is going to be a little more involved at least until it's done and everything is moved.  The architech is coming over tonight to do the final approval stuff with the contractor and work is set to begin in the next two weeks.  I'm giving up a few cruises to help make this work....  I'm such a whiner!  Oh how worth it this will be in the end!!  Happy (REALLY HAPPY) Sewing!  Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment