Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Block 9 "The Last Beach Scene Block"

The final block has been stitched (close to 84,000 stitches).  Block 9 is the other side of the fence line and looks almost like a mirror image of block 7.  I am in the process of putting all the blocks together.  This can be a challenge.  Everything has to line up close to perfect.  I will have to do a little pulling and stretching to make it work.  I will use invisible thread on top and have decided not to use anything to cover the seams.  I don't want to distract from the picture.  So.... with this post, I'm only going to show you block 9 and as soon as I put everything together, short of quilting it, I will post a picture with the total scene.  Hard to believe that I've gotten this far in just over a week.  Stay tuned for the finished product.

Other exciting news for the week is that my dream sewing room will become a reality over the summer time frame.  We will be adding 500 square feet of sewing and crafting space to the house.  I knew someday that all this property would have a use and can't think of a better way to get rid of some of the yard work.  I will post pictures of the progress throughout the summer.  All my machines will have ample space and I will even have a section for all my scrapbooking supplies.  This will truly be craft/quilt/embroidery central.  Ready girls?  Happy Sewing!  Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment