Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary!


Today is a day of anniversaries of sorts for me.  8 years ago, I reached a huge (and I really mean HUGE) weight and had to really make some drastic changes in my life to get things under control.  I needed a new hip, was in awful pain every day, and no surgeon would even consider doing that surgery unless I lost at least 100 pounds.  Sooo......  the journey started 8 years ago today and here I am a little over 200 pounds lighter.  7 years ago (yesterday) I did get a new titanium hip that has set off alarms all over the world.  My wonderful husband also joined in the journey and shed 170 pounds himself.  Since that time, we have traveled the world, climbing the Great Wall of China, the Acropolis and ventured to places that we never dreamed of.  Some of you never saw this "side" of me while others (and you all know who you are)  cheered me on to success (but cared about me large or small)!  Here are a few "before" shots and the last one is of us just recently in Cabo San Lucas.  Life is Good!   Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment