Sunday, June 6, 2010

Beach Scene Block 2

I found it fitting that the week I am working on this Beach Scene, that quite a few of my family members are actually spending time at the beach while I'm here having to just sew one. I keep seeing pictures and notes from them on facebook. (Such teases they are). While I do enjoy every moment that I can find time to sew, really being there also sounds pretty good. Okay, on to block two. This block of the beach scene has alot of detail. Just shy of 56,000 stitches, it took a little over 3 hours. Some of the stitching is very dense in places for the shading and I did encounter some "thread shread", but I used a little sewers aid and it solved the problem. There is a surprise color (Madeira 1059) at color #24. It is on the color guide sheet for the block, but omitted on the master color list. So, if any of you are in the gathering and organizing stages of doing this design, make note now. Not a big deal as most of us that embroider have enough thread in many shades that we could stitch most any design without having to purchase any more.  Here is a picture of the block all by itself and then blocks 1 and 2 together.  Gotta love the detail of the design.  I'm hoping to start on block 3 some time today after a few hours at the office.  Happy Sewing!  Carole



No comments:

Post a Comment